Hurricane Volunteer Information
Hurricanes have displaced families, devastated homes, and halted any ability to earn a living. In an instant, this disaster has made what most feared as a worst-case scenario, into a nightmare reality. Many families in Houston have lost everything, they need our help. HOPE worldwide
is eager to provided necessary resources and manpower to help families rebuild their lives and communities.
Together we can bring hope and make a difference.
Please be aware that the greatest needs at the moment are financial resources, however, if you are arranging in-kind donations of NEW goods please contact Shane Engel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
. We are communicating with our local partners in the disaster area and will determine what items will be most helpful to victims. We will update this website as soon as we have more information.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND UPDATE:
Thank you so much for your heart to serve. We are going to begin volunteer operations in Texas starting September 15th and will be establishing future dates as opportunities present themselves. Here is what you'll need to know in volunteering for our Disaster Response.
HOPE worldwide USA is organizing two (2) volunteer opportunities
1. Beaumont, TX Friday, September 15th – 16th
2. Houston, TX Thursday, September 28th - October 2nd
Volunteers will help to clean out and gut flood-damaged homes and may assist in rebuilding efforts and other duties. Operation Blessing will provide no-cost housing and food for volunteers in Beaumont. HOPEww is assessing the situation in Florida and will communicate to our volunteers as the specifics of these opportunities are determined.
- Those who wish to volunteer at the Texas locations should carefully review the details below and fill out the volunteer application below.
- It is ok to arrive a day early if necessary.
- Registration for volunteering in Beaumont
will close on 9/14 at 4:00 pm EST or when capacity is reached; registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis until volunteer spots are full. Volunteers should arrange and pay for their own transportation to the Beaumont, TX area.
- Volunteers who are flying or renting vehicles should not make non-refundable arrangements until they receive a confirmation email that their registration was accepted for that specific service event.
- Beaumont Volunteers should plan to:
- Arrive at Cathedral Church, 2350 Eastex Freeway - Beaumont, TX 77703 on Thursday, 9/14 before 9:30 pm or Friday morning 9/15 at 7:30 am
- Leave on Saturday evening, 9/16 or Sunday morning, 9/17.
- Volunteer housing is provided by Operation Blessing at no cost to the volunteer. Volunteers will be staying in a church fellowship hall - men sleep in one area, women in another.
- Volunteers will be provided a cot but will need to provide their own bedding including a sleeping bag and pillow.
- Shower trailers are provided. Volunteers should provide their own toiletries - towel, soap, etc.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) are provided.
- Minor volunteers aged 15 years or older who are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian may volunteer at the site during the day. However, they must make alternate sleeping arrangements since minors are not permitted in Operation Blessing housing.
- All volunteers must be 18 years or older to stay in volunteer housing. Operation Blessing and HOPE worldwide have a no alcohol and no tobacco policy.
- Volunteers must have access to a vehicle throughout their stay. Those flying in may rent a car at their own expense from a local car rental agency. Due to the severity of this disaster, rental vehicles may be difficult to secure in the area, so please reserve your rental vehicle before making flight arrangements. Volunteers may share a vehicle.
- Volunteers should be in good physical condition and able to work in a construction-type atmosphere in high temperatures.
- We will provide all necessary equipment.
- Volunteers should wear long pants and solid, rubber-soled shoes or work boots while serving.
- Despite the organizers’ best efforts, conditions and work flow at disaster recovery sites can be very fluid. Volunteers should remain flexible and patient throughout their stay.
- Please do not make non-refundable travel arrangements until you receive an email confirmation that your registration was accepted.
- The Houston accommodations are being finalized and will be announced shortly.
Please click the volunteer application button below to sign up.